Dream Interpretation and Dream Discussion
The DreamZone Members FORUM

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
dream

Losing Voice, Can't scream for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dream Interpretation and Dream Discussion Forum Index -> The weirder the better!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FT10069

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Losing Voice, Can't scream for help Reply with quote

When I was younger like pre-teenage years I would get a recurring dream that I could not yell for help. Most of the dreams that I lost my voice in I was being chased and I couldn't scream for help I completely would lose my voice. For some reason on sticks out clearly I believe George Washington was chasing me in my house... I tried to run up the stairs but he was catching up to me so I tried yelling but I had no voice. I believe I would wake up after that. I have found information on many subjects but non on why I would lose my voice. Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen? Haven't had this dream any more since I was little and I am 25 now. Hope to get some feedback since I have always wondered why I had this dream like at least 5 times growing up.
Lauri
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I't s a good thing you outgrew this dream! It shows that you outgrew the behavior causing the dream. Losing your voice means you were feeling unheard in your childhood. Maybe you had a hard time speaking up for yourself or maybe you were in a large family and didn't feel anyone cared what you had to say.

Why George Washington? Well, he supposedly "never told a lie." He could have represented your fear of being truthful. He was also the very first president so perhaps he represented your ability to be authoritative and assertive.

Let me know if this helps.
FT10069

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly that does make a lot of sense. I was very shy growing up and still am to a degree. For example when I was in grammar school I would know an answer but was too shy to raise my hand to answer. Even in High school I won the most quietest award. It wasn't until I started living at college at a dorm that I broke out of my shyness. I still have a hard time going up to someone and sparking up a conversation and looking in someones eye when I am speaking to them. I'm getting better now that I have a professional job.

But thanks for the help I do feel I was a bit ignored growing up. Mom worked night shift and would go to bed early. Dad worked 2nd shift and would leave at 3pm and not be back till 12pm so sometimes I would not see him and on weekends I would be left at my grandmothers since they both worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dream Interpretation and Dream Discussion Forum Index -> The weirder the better! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: